Our chosen EFH Ambassador will travel in style around the 50 Europe’s Famous Hostels. Taking as many different modes of transport as possible and visiting almost all of Europe and some neighbouring countries.
What? I get to travel the Europe for FREE?
That’s right! All of your transport and accommodation in Europe’s Famous Hostels will be paid for, and you’ll even be given spending money! But don’t forget you’re on a mission to spread the word about Europe’s Famous Hostels and show the world how wonderful our 50 independent hostels really are!
The prize winner will receive at the completion of the trip a gift to the value of € 500.
What do I need to do to become EFH Ambassador?
- You need to send to [email protected] in 300 words why you should be our ambassador by 25th of April
- We will select the 10 best candidates who will be informed by email by the 30th of April.
- Candidates should then send a profile picture to use as their campaign photo within 48 hours.
- Using the link which will be sent out on the 8th May candidates should invite as many people as possible to vote for them. Votes recieved by 15th of May will be taken into consideration when selecting the competition winner and EFH Ambassador.
What is expected of me?
- You’ll be expected to keep a blog of your journey
- Use social media to show people what you are up to!
- You’ll be promoting the brand in every hostel, talking to travellers and sharing the word!
- You’ve got a lot of places to visit, and should be ready to spend two or three months on the road.
Rules and Regulations
This competition commences at 12 PM on 2nd of March ( GMT)
These terms apply
Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. Entries must comply with these terms and conditions to be valid.
Promoter. The promoter of this competition is Europe’s Famous Hostels.
Eligibility. Entry is only open to EU residents or anyone holding a valid EU visa.
Eligible Entrants. The Promoter may request any entrant at any time to provide reasonable evidence that he or she meets the eligibility requirements and a failure to do so will result in disqualification from this competition.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly entered or misdirected Entries (whether or not before or after receipt by the Promoter) or for any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control) including inaccessibility of any website during the Competition Period.
The Promoter will determine (in its sole discretion) the Eligible Entrants and the eventual competition winner (“Prize Winners”);
The Promoter’s decision will be final with no objections or appeals permitted and no correspondence entered into.
- Prizes.There is one (1) prize to be won.
The winner will win a journey around Europe and neighbouring countries. All travel expenses , occasional extra activities, travel insurance and accommodation in the Europe’s Famous Hostels will be paid . All other costs must be covered by the Prize Winner.
The winner must stay in ALL 50 of the Europe’s Famous Hostels. The winner may stay in other Hostels in non-EFH cities but these costs will not be covered by EFH.
There is a maximum stay of 2 nights in each Europe’s Famous Hostel.
The winner is expected to behave in a way that promotes the EFH brand.
- Notification.The Prize Winners will be notified by an email (“Notification Email”) sent by the Promoter to the email address provided. It is the responsibility of the relevant Eligible Entrant to ensure that the Contact Details are true and accurate and to respond to the Notification Email within 3 business days of the Notification Email being sent (“Final Response Date”). The Promoter is not responsible for contacting the Prize Winners by any other method or for the relevant Prize Winners not receiving the Notification Email for any reason (including, without limitation, due to any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control. Subject to paragraph 10(2), the Promoter will not notify any other entrant except the Prize Winners.
- Claiming the Prizes. To claim their Prize, the relevant Prize Winners must respond to the Notification Email on or before the Final Response Date.
The prize winner will be publicly announced on the Europe’s Famous Hostels website.
The Promoter will use its reasonable endeavors to advise the Prize Winners as to how and where the Prizes are to be distributed and implemented within 3 business days of the relevant Prize Winners responding to the Notification Email.
If one or more of the Prize Winners does not respond to the Notification Email on or before the Final Response Date, the Prize Winners Entry will be deemed null and void (and no compensation will be paid in lieu) and the Promoter may award the Prize to another Eligible Entrant (in its sole discretion)
Ancillary or incidental costs. Any ancillary or incidental costs (including, without limitation, any data or internet costs incurred or costs incurred in receiving, or using the Prizes such as travel, local transport, meals, and tax liability) relating to this competition or the Prizes are the responsibility of the entrant and/or the Prize Winners.
Other conditions relevant to the Prizes.
The Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any goods or services. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value or availability of the Prizes.
The Promoter will not replace or substitute the Prizes or provide compensation where the Prize Winners are unable to claim or use the Prizes for any reason including cancellation or discontinuance or unavailability of the Prizes, inclement weather or illness or where any of the Prize Winners do not receive the Notification Email or do not receive the Prizes through providing incorrect Contact Details.
Liability and Release. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any death, illness, personal injury or property damage suffered or sustained (even caused by negligence), as a result of, or in any way connected with, this competition or accepting, using or enjoying the Prizes. The Promoter is not responsible for any defects in the Prizes and takes no responsibility for the loss or theft of the Prizes or misuse of the Prizes. To the extent permitted by law, all entrants in this competition agree to release, fully indemnify and keep fully indemnified, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all liability, cost, loss, damage, expense, claim or other right of action arising out of, or in connection with, this competition or accepting, using or enjoying the Prizes including (but not limited to) death, illness or personal injury and damage to property and whether direct, indirect, consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
Variation and cancellation. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to vary the rules of, or cancel, this competition. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage to any party arising from any variation, cancellation or otherwise of the competition.
Disqualification. The Promoter may at any time (and at its sole discretion) disqualify any entrant for:
- a) tampering with the Entry or competition process, including by exceeding the limitation on the number of entries or acting in a manner that affects the fairness of the competition; or
- b) otherwise breaching these terms and conditions.
Entrants acknowledge and agree that they:
- a) are solely responsible for the content of their Entry and must ensure that they comply at all times with all applicable terms and conditions of the MoneySmart Europe’s Famous Hostels Ambassador Competition; and
- b) must not attempt to interfere with or undermine the operation of the competition, or otherwise attempt to obtain any unfair advantage.