1. Thermal Baths
It is said that Budapest is the capital of Thermal Baths. Most tourists visit one or more spas during their stay, but Veli Bej is rearly the one. Neverthless it is an original and one of the oldest Turkish bath built in the 16th century and it was expanded and renovated in following centuries. It is a unique set up and a perfect place to experience history and leisure at the same time. The spa is run by the Brothers of the Hospitaller Order of Saint John of God and it is open everyday from 6h to 12h and from 15h to 21h. It is located on Buda, 7 Árpád fejedelem útja, second district.
2. Türbe of Gül Baba
Not far from Veli Bej there is also an other ancient Turkish monument with nice view. It is called the Türbe of Gül Baba, which is an Ottoman chapel from the 16th century. Gül Baba was a famous muslim warrior and munk who fought in the war when Turks captured Buda. This chapel was built for his memorance and even the Great Sulejman was here during the opening ceremony. Even in present days it is a muslim pilgrimage monument, but functions as Historical Museum of Budapest. Address: 14 Mecset utca, 2.district.
3. Zeneakadémia, List Academy is one of the main concert halls in town
If you like classical music or jazz then it really worth a visit as it hosts many quality performances inside a magnificent building which was created at the end of the 19th century. Ferenc List was the first president of the institute. Beside the concerts it still functions as the main education for classical music in Hungary. Many foreign students also choose to study here. There are many nice restaurants on the List square front of it or near by, so it worth to combine a cool concert with a lovely dinner. Address: 8 List square, 6th district.
3. If you are looking for great view then definitely visit one of the following spots:
- Top of the Basilica. You can take the elevator or walk up by the stairs. Really nice view from the top of a monumantel church.
- 360 Bar is located on Andrassy út and has an incredible set up with real 360 view above the town of Budapest.
- Citadella is also a super spot for view seekers. It is a Habsburg fortress on top of Gellért hill
4. Have a picknick on Margit Island
It is a lovely green park in between Buda and Pest. During summer it worth to bring swimming suit with you and visit the large complex of Alfréd Hajós Swimming pools or try to get a ticket for a water polo game which is a traditional sport in Hungary. Inside the swimming pool entrance you will be able to read all the Hungarian Olimplic Gold Medalists related to water sports.